Wish You Were Here

Thursday, February 16, 2006

I'm away for a few weeks and you kids go nutso on me

First, papa Corey and mama Suzie! Wow. That's what I'm saying: Wow! You crazy kids. If I still had a 12 month old or 18 month old, I would say, Yipee--it's the best, you'll love it! Now that I have a 2 year old, I'm thinking, are you sure you wanna do this?

Congratulations. Enjoy the pregnancy. Get excited. Don't let jaded parents of older kids get you down (no, I am not one of them--I was kidding above). Don't freak out. And keep us posted.

I feel like this is as good a time as any to introduce Abby's new numbering system. She's been able to count to 5 for a while, but has recently ventured into the murky waters of beyond-five. Here's the new math:
One
Twoo
Free
Four
Bibes
Chicken
Hate
Four
One
Free!

Ok, and secondly, Cathy and the breakup. Sorry to hear the news. Do you need Swit and I to bust out a pair of plyers and a blow-torch and show him how we take care of business Anaheim style? Or will just a few upper-cuts do the trick? I am reminded of a break-up I had years (and years and years) ago. I downed an entire (albiet not large) bottle of tequila in about 5 minutes, called Cathy and said, "I'm coherent, but just for a few more minutes... I think you'd better come get me." I know she did, but not surprisingly, I have no recollection of what happened next. So, um, I'm going to go ahead and not recommend that approach.

Hang in there.

As always, I'm just saying.

2 Comments:

  • At 6:55 PM, February 18, 2006, Blogger J-Cat said…

    Well, I haven't resorted to drinking, but I may need your assistance as he is slowing turning into an a**hole. :-/ We'll have to see when it comes time for me to move out...

    As for the tequila incident...hey, that's what friends are for. :) Anything that "may" have happened has been securely placed in the Vault. Althought I did have to close my credit card account. But that's neither here nor there. :)

    Also...what's up with "hate" as a number? I like the addition of chicken, though. It's a fun word to say. I'm trying to reinstate the word "cinche" into mainstream society. Last year, I enlisted two students who had to use that word at least once a week. (The experiement failed...but I'm pressing on...)

     
  • At 9:32 PM, February 18, 2006, Blogger Mrs. Switzer said…

    personally, I find bibes the best number....

     

Post a Comment

<< Home