Wish You Were Here

Tuesday, June 06, 2006

Polling Place Follies


So...today I completed my civic duty. They moved my polling place from the firestation (yummy) to an elementary school (boring!). But at least this time they gave me a fricken sticker! Last time, they ran out. It's a badge of honor, for goodness sakes!

The new fangled machines are trippy. I understand that the whole wheelie thing is confusing for some, but this time after I clicked "Cast Ballot" a paper printout showed up so that I could check my choices for the THIRD time!!! Apparently I could still change my mind at this point. They had already asked me if I approved of my choices twice already. It's like a machine asking, "Are you sure? Are you REALLY sure?" I pressed "Cast Ballot" already...JUST CAST IT!

You know what else was weird? When I received the instructions on how to use the machine (waste of paper since the machine tells you what to do), I noticed that my political affiliation was at the top along with some "number." I thought that was kind of weird. Did that happen to anyone else? I don't remember anyone writing my political affiliation on any paper before.

Now for the good part...As I was voting, another citizen walked in to do her civic duty. But what scared the crap out of me was the question she asked the polling people. She asked, "If we vote here, can we then vote in the primary?" And you know what the polling people's answer was, "Yes." WTF?! AND THESE PEOPLE ARE ALLOWED TO VOTE? We're doomed, I tell you. I has nothing to do with the stupid 6/6/06 date. The devil isn't going to get us, the stupid people of the world are going to cause our downfall. I only hope that it's quick and painless.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home